Where to register your trademark.
If you do business in more than one EU country, an EU trademark gives you protection in the 28 Member States in one single registration so you do not have to apply individually in each country. You can apply for an EU trade mark at the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). If successful your trademark will be granted in all 28 member states, there is no situation whereby you can gain protection for just some of the countries when applying through the EUIPO.
An online EU Trademark application costs €850 (for one class) and is filed in just one language. Once registered, your trade mark can be renewed indefinitely every 10 years. If you trade in just one country of the European Union (EU), you can register your trademark at a national for example in the UK you can register your trademark at the UKIPO.
What are the Benefits of Applying for an EU Trademark?
1. Global reach
2. Protects your brand value
3. Builds an asset
4. Defends against rival marks
5. Defines your rights
6. Prevents counterfeiting and fraud
7. A single registration in one language that is valid in all EU Member States.
8. The EU trade mark gives its owner an exclusive right in all current and future EU Member States at a reasonable cost.
9. You can enforce your trademark in a market of almost 500 million consumers.
What’s not to like! We have been filing trademarks in the EU for over 15 years. Contact us today for a free trademark quote/consultation